For a programme of interviews with key stakeholders or other target audiences, depth interviews allow you to gather a range of facts and opinions within a structured format. We will agree the topic guide with you in advance and ensure that the research sample is targeted and appropriate for your purposes. Depth interviews can be conducted by telephone or face to face, whichever is most appropriate for your requirements and your target participants.
We might consider depth interviews if:
- You want to conduct exploratory research into a new topic.
- You want to inform the design of subsequent quantitative research tools.
- You have a small but diverse sample.
- There are practical considerations that make group research with participants difficult ie participants have limited time, participants are located throughout the UK etc.
The topic you wish to discuss is of a sensitive nature and participants will be more comfortable providing views on a one-to-one basis rather than in a focus group.
Depth Interviews, Scotinformed
- We work with you to ensure that the topic guide is relevant to your own strategic objectives and to the specific objectives of your research.
- We can advise on the most appropriate format for the project. For example, if participants are not confident about the subject then we might recommend conducting paired depths with their peers to put them at ease.
- We ensure that the analysis is presented in a format that is easy to digest and apply, yet contains sufficient detail for further insight if required.
Face to face interviews
Face to face interviews can provide you with detailed and reliable data on a range of subjects. Whether conducted in-house by your own staff or by a Scotinform-accredited fieldforce, face to face interviews allow you to get closer to your target audience and to be sure of securing the response rate you require.
We might consider face to face interviews if:
- You are easily able to identify your target audience, ie customers/non-customers, visitors to an area, visitors to an attraction, customers at a particular outlet etc.
- You want to capture information on a range of subjects.
- You require respondents to answer relatively complex questions (visitor expenditure, for example) that might require some explanation from the interviewer.
Face to Face, Scotinformed
- We design our questionnaires for ease of completion, using iPads for seamless data gathering and user-friendly formats.
- We can provide questionnaires in a range of languages to reflect the characteristics of your audience.
- We use powerful Snap survey software to provide you with detailed analysis, breaking the data down according to specific demographic or behavioural characteristics.
- Our reports are easy to digest and disseminate, with key findings clearly presented and interpreted with reference to your own strategic goals.
- We can provide you with a reliable and well-trained fieldforce that can work across the country. We know our interviewers well and work closely with them to ensure that interview targets are achieved.
- We can train your own staff or volunteers if you would like to collect the data yourself.